Licenses, Applications & Permits
- The Department of Natural Resources requires licenses for the recreational use of Michigan's natural resources, snowmobiling, boating, ORVs, land use, etc... Others need permits to use state land or be licensed to work with or collect natural resources. These pages provide step-by-step instructions on who needs to have a license or permit for which activities, and how to apply for them when applicable. To find your information use the search found in on the upper right of your screen or select one of the links below.
Learn about the restructuring of hunting/fishing licenses
- Starting March 1, 2014, hunting, fishing and ORV license prices will change. The new price structure will create a simpler, more fair and efficient license buying process. We've reduced over 200 different license types to just over 40, improving hunting and fishing opportunities through better habitat, and making trails safer for ORV riders. Find out what these changes mean for you and which license(s) you'll need next time you go hunting, fishing or ORV riding. Learn more about the new hunting, fishing and ORV license structure.
- Click here to take DNR Web site survey
- Subscribe to e-mail from the Michigan DNR
- Agricultural & Food Licensing, Permits, Registration and Certification
- Business & Industry, Permits, Licenses, Registration and Certification
- Environmental Permits, Licenses and Certifications
- Individual Licenses
- Licensing & Regulatory Affairs
- Vehicular, Permits, Licenses, Registration and Certification