close print view
Application for Permit to Perform Archaeological Exploration on State-owned Lands.
Please click on Application for Permit to Perform Archaeological Exploration on State-owned Lands
to apply for a permit. Or you may contact Sandra Clark at 517-373-6362 or via e-mail at Clarkss@michigan.gov
to request an application. Then,
Keep in mind:
- Verify that the application and all supporting documentation being prepared for submission are accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge;
- Sign and date the application;
- Make a photocopy of the application and all supporting documentation for your records; and
- Submit the original, signed application with supporting documentation to the address provided on the application. Or, if you have the ability to scan the original documents, you may e-mail the application and supporting documentation to email@example.com.
- The applicant will not be contacted by the DNR or the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO), unless there is a question concerning the application or supporting documentation.
- The application process takes approximately 60 days from the date of the field request to the date of permit execution - this does not include the time involved to complete the initial application review.
- A draft report detailing the results of the archaeological exploration must be submitted to SHPO for review and comment by the timeframe indicated on the permit.
- A final report detailing the results of the archaeological exploration must be submitted to SHPO; the designated land administering division of the DNR (Authorized Department Representative); Kristy Smith, DNR; and any Federally recognized tribal organizations that have been identified as having an interest in land being described on the permit. Copies of the final draft are to be provided within 90 days after the Permittee's receipt of comments on the draft report from SHPO.