close print view
Capitol Christmas Tree
Do you have a special tree you would like to be considered for the Lansing State Capitol Christmas Tree? If so, the Michigan Department of Management and Budget and Michigan Association of Timbermen are interested in hearing from you.
Nominations are requested by July 1 and the tree must meet the criteria listed below:
- must be a spruce or a fir
- must be at least 65 feet tall
- have a maximum crown diameter of 30 feet
- have a maximum trunk diameter of 30 inches.
- must be made available at no charge.
Individuals interested in nominating a tree should send their name, telephone number and information about the tree, including a photograph to:
Michigan Department of Management and Budget
Facilities Administration, Building Operations Division
P.O. Box 30026
Lansing, MI 48909
Information also may be sent by e-mail to: HolidayTree@michigan.gov.