close print view
State Forest Camping Registration Information
State Forest Campgrounds
- Select a vacant campsite and register immediately.
- Fill out a registration form and permit
- Tear off the permit.
- Place cash or check made payable to "State of Michigan" in envelope and deposit in camping fee collection pipe.
- Attach paid camp permit to campsite marker posts.
- Camp only in designated site.
- Build campfires in designated fire ring only.
- Horses are allowed in designated campgrounds only.
- Dogs are allowed on a leash that is no more than six feet long.
- Fireworks are not permitted.
- Discharge of firearms, air guns, slingshots, or arrows are not permitted.
- Radios, generators, or other amplified devices may not be used in a manner that creates excessive noise.
- 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 am are designated quiet hours.
- Registration can take place as early as 8:00 am preceding the overnight stay.
- Checkout time is 3:00 p.m. the following day.
- Camp up to 15 days; stay longer with permission from the local manager.