Camping & Recreation
- Michigan's Recreation Passport is one way you can show your support for outdoor recreation and help preserve green spaces for future generations. Did you buy your annual Recreation Passport? Michigan residents can get the Recreation Passport by checking "yes" when they renew their vehicle registration at the Secretary of State. Learn more at www.michigan.gov/recreationpassport.
- Map of Parks, Forests and Trails You are never more than half an hour from a Michigan state park, state forest campground or state trail system. Use this map to find a facility suitable to your camping and recreation needs!
- Search for your ideal state park or state forest campground Search by county or by the activity you're looking for. Discover a campsite perfect for a tent or an RV, find the perfect fishing hole, or discover a new pathway or trail for hiking, biking, snowmobiling and more. Click here to view ADA accessible camping options at Michigan state parks.
- State park and recreation area rules This overview of rules will help ensure the safety and enjoyment of all visitors to state parks, state trails, state harbors and state forests.
- Friends of the State Parks Friends preserve Michigan parks and recreation areas by helping provide fundraising, recruiting volunteers, leading restoration projects and providing educational programming for the public.
- Make a Campground or Harbor Reservation
- Camping Prices A full list of the various camping prices in Michigan state parks, recreation areas and state forest campgrounds.
- Passport Perks Program Do you already have your Recreation Passport? Do you like to save money? Visit www.michigan.gov/passportperks to learn more about the Passport Perks program, one of the state's largest discount programs. The list of participating businesses continues to grow, so check back often!
Events & Activities
- Cross-Country Ski Opportunities in Michigan State Parks and Recreation Areas
- Get fit in MI Big Green Gym! The DNR is teaming up with Michigan Recreation and Parks Association, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and local fitness instructors statewide to put the "out" back into workout! With fun outdoor programs like yoga, Pilates, strength training, cardio and more, you can enjoy fresh air AND fitness year-round! New programs are added monthly, so check here often for a complete list of fitness classes in state parks.
- Recreation 101 Recreation 101 is a series of free and inexpensive introductory lessons, taught by top instructors and sports equipment vendors. The goal is to provide the novice outdoor enthusiast with enough skill and knowledge to begin a new activity.
- For a Complete List of Events and Activities, Visit the GO Get Outdoors Page
- Seasonal Positions in Michigan State Parks and Harbors (Job Applications)
- Hook, Line and Sinker: Learn to fish with the DNR
- State Park Explorer Program
- Transporting Firewood Harms Campground Forests
- Outdoor learning opportunities
- Campground Host Applications Being Accepted
- Mackinac Island State Historic Parks has Summer Seasonal Jobs