close print view
Baitfish Receipt Requirements under FO245
Retail Baitfish Receipt Requirements
- Name of retail business selling the bait.
- Date of sale
- Bait species name
- Only bait species listed in FO245 are required to have receipts.
- Bait species names are needed for eggs, whole baitfish, and parts of fish including live, fresh, frozen and preserved bait.
- Amount sold
- This can be indicated by volume (pints, quarts etc,), number, or the monetary amount of sale.
- Bait certification status
- The receipt must indicate if the bait has been certified VHSv free or if it is uncertified bait. This will indicate if the bait has been tested free of VHSv.
- If the bait has been certified VHSv free, it can be used anywhere in the state by the angler.
- If the bait is uncertified bait, it is restricted in its use by anglers and the receipt must indicate what Management Area it was collected in. The information on which Management Area the uncertified bait was collected in must be provided to the retail outlet by the wholesale bait dealer.
- Uncertified bait from the Positive Management Area can only be used in the Positive Management Area.
- Uncertified bait from the Surveillance Management Area can only be used in the Surveillance or Positive Management Areas.
- Uncertified bait from the VHS-free Management Area can be used statewide.