Michigan Historical Center
- Subscribe to Michigan Historical Center News from Michigan DNR
- Real Stories of Michigan
Add us to your online favorites:
In the column at left, you will find the agencies that make up the Michigan Historical Center, plus our partners in preserving, promoting and interpreting Michigan's past. Below, find out more about our programs, our events and our staff. Can't find what you need? Contact us.
- View All MHC Coming Events
- Meeting of the Underwater Salvage and Preserve CommitteeApril 24, 2014, at the Michigan Library and Historical Center, Lansing. 1 p.m.
- Walker Tavern Historic Site - Walker Wheels vs. Detroit Early RisersToday's game of vintage "base ball" is the Wheels home opener. May 10, 2014, at Walker Tavern Historic Site, Brooklyn. 1 p.m.
- Tawas Point Lighthouse - Tawas Point Birding FestivalPresented in cooperation with the AuSable Valley Audubon. May 15 to 18, 2014, at Tawas Point Lighthouse, East Tawas.
- Michigan Iron Industry Museum - Museum Open HouseDiscover the heart and heritage of Michigan's iron ore communities. May 18, 2014, at the Michigan Iron Industry Museum, Negaunee. Noon to 4 p.m.
- Michigan Historical Museum - Be a Tourist in Your Own TownA Greater Lansing celebration of mid-Michigan's cultural attractions. May 31, 2014, at the Michigan Historical Museum, Lansing. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Michigan Historical Center HoursFind the hours for the Michigan Historical Museum, Archives of Michigan and all MHC administrative offices.
- Location and Parking InformationFind your way to the Michigan Library and Historical Center in Lansing with these directions and map.
- AdmissionInformation about admission to the Michigan Historical Center.
- Contact the Michigan Historical CenterOne place for MHC telephone and fax numbers, mailing addresses and a convenient e-mail form.
- Group ToursThere are many different ways your group can explore the past at the Michigan Historical Center's Michigan Historical Museum.
- Holiday Closing ScheduleThe Michigan Historical Center is closed on official state holidays and some other dates. View 2014 closing dates for the MHC.
- Accessibility InformationSee accessibility information for the Michigan Historical Center and the sites of the Michigan Historical Museum System around the state.
- Click here to take DNR Web site survey