Regional Deer Advisory Teams
- With the adoption of the Michigan Deer Management Plan on May 6, 2010, the Department of Natural Resources and Environment committed to establishing a Regional Deer Advisory Team (RDAT) for each ecologically-based region of Michigan. Each RDAT will correspond to the boundaries of the DNR hunting and trapping zones, with Zone 1 being the Upper Peninsula (UP), Zone 2 the Northern Lower Peninsula (NLP), and Zone 3 the Southern Lower Peninsula (SLP). Each RDAT will be composed of members with a direct connection to issues in the corresponding region, either as private individuals affected by deer hunting and management or representatives of organizations with members or constituents in the region. Topics for potential recommendations will be coordinated among the UP, NLP and SLP so that deer program areas are comprehensively reviewed. Recommendations provided by each RDAT may differ when the need for regionally distinct approaches to management are warranted. The Southern Lower and Northern Lower teams are currently not accepting applications. Applications are currently being accepted for the Upper Peninsula Deer Advisory Team.
- Charge of the Regional Deer Advisory Teams
- RDAT Timeframe
- RDAT Appointments
- Northern Lower Peninsula Regional Deer Advisory Team
- Southern Lower Peninsula Regional Deer Advisory Team
- Upper Peninsula Regional Deer Advisory Team