close print view
The ICT Innovation Fund proposals will be evaluated on the basis of the following scoring criteria.
1. Compliance with Funding Priorities and Benefits to Customers, Citizens and Government): The proposals must support gubernatorial and Innovation Fund priorities and provide benefits to customers, citizens and customers.
2. Return on Investment and Ability to Repay Loan: The project must be able to clearly identify a positive return on investment (ROI) to the state, and should include a detailed cost-benefit analysis, as well as risk assessment. Proposals must:
3. Transferability of Solutions, Technologies and Processes: The project must benefit multiple government agencies, or the technology, infrastructure, or processes used will be able to be diffused broadly to the benefit of other government agencies, including local government. Reviewers will consider the following:
4. Process Changes, Redesign: The proposal must result in improvements, upgrades in business and operational processes and in alignment with the proposed ICT solutions. Reviewers will consider the following factors:
5. Innovative Solution and ICT: The project must apply solutions or technologies in appropriate and innovative ways to address needs and solve a particular problem. This may include using ICT in business process re-engineering, elimination of unnecessary steps, or automation of manual checks and balances. The goal should be to streamline government and ensure the maximum use of ICT in government reinvention.
6. Project Management and Schedule: The proposal must be able to clearly identify the schedule for timely development and deployment of the project, project milestones and schedule dates for those milestones, the people, tools and processes that will be used to ensure appropriate project management and the ability to complete the project on schedule. The proposal must clearly identify methods and processes to effectively manage the project, including risk management, to ensure successful and timely completion.
7. Post-loan and Design Sustainability: Reviewers will assess the proposed budget for the project in terms of clarity and cost-effectiveness, as well as plans for sustaining the project in the future. The following factors will be considered by reviewers:
> Innovation Fund Proposal Document - 118784 bytes
Michigan.gov Home DTMB Home Site Map State Web Sites Office of Regulatory Reinvention Spending & Accountability
Copyright © 2001-2013 State of Michigan