Thank you for initiating this project! The project manager, project team, and project sponsor need you to ensure that your needs are expressed and to verify that the completed project meets your needs. You also need to make sure that your end-users are trained in the new process or product created by this project.
Some more specific roles and responsibilities around the different project phases include:
- Initiation - Clearly define needs and requirements to the project manager and project team.
- Planning - Review and approve the Project Plan; assign personnel as project points of contact; provide written agreement on requirements and qualifying criteria; and identify personnel who require training.
- Execution - Attend training sessions; assist in product testing; review project status reports; approve delivery and installation procedures; review current business practices and the impact the new product will have on them; and develop procedures, policies, and systems to support the new product.
- Control - Attend requirements reviews; review designs; and assist in resolving requirements problems.
- Closeout - Provide representatives to attend lessons-learned meeting and sign off on project completion.