close print view
Enterprise Architecture Overview
The DTMB Office of Enterprise Architecture provides leadership for the State Of Michigan's information technology programs and works collaboratively with other information technology leaders throughout state government to develop and enhance partnerships with the State's agency and line of business leaders.
Enterprise Architecture (EA) acts as a strategic planner and architect for the state's Information Technology (IT) programs. Our role as a leader in formulating and advancing a vision for those programs is reflected in our goals:
- Maximize the state's return on IT investments
- Provide sound advice based on objective facts and measureable outcomes
- Improve reliability, predictability, and consistency of IT solutions
- Reduce costs to implement and operate IT systems
- Review and consult on designs and assessments
- Encourage a technology model that leverages solutions for multi-agency and cross-departmental use
- Aggressively pursue new and promising technologies to meet known business requirements
- Facilitate issues between other information technology groups to move difficult issues forward for the good of our clients
- Aspire to be a learning organization.
- Clearly and consistently document solutions, pertinent research, findings, decisions, recommendations, standards, and all other outputs for both immediate and future guidance.