close print view
Sources of Funding
- State funds support comprehensive domestic violence contracts and a variety of board activities.
- Federal Family Violence Prevention and Services Act Grant provides additional funding for the comprehensive domestic violence contracts.
- STOP Violence Against Women Grant supports law enforcement and prosecution training and technical assistance efforts at the local and state level, in addition to direct domestic and sexual violence services.
- Rural Grant program provides support for services designed to address the special needs of survivors in rural areas (access to/lack of service availability, transportation, etc.)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families Block Grant Supports the Transitional Supportive Housing projects, Domestic Violence contracts and Sexual Assault Comprehensive programs.
- Violence Against Women Act - and the Centers for Disease Control block grant support comprehensive sexual assault services.
Federal Family Violence Prevention and Services Act 42 USC 10401 et. seq.
Violence Against Women Act of 1994 (reauthorized in 2000 and 2005).
Sexual Assault Victims Forensic Intervention and Treatment Act (PA 546 of 2008) supports sexual assault comprehensive services.
Child Advocacy Center Act (PA 544 of 2008) supports accredited child advocacy centers by the national children's alliance.