Adult Foster Care and Homes for the Aged
If you or your loved ones can no longer live independently and need licensed adult care, you may be eligible for assistance. Contact your local Department of Human Services office for more information.
If eligible, Adult Services staff can provide quality care and monitor the well-being of adults who require supervision in an adult care setting. They will make sure you have:
- Access to licensed care.
- Support choosing an Adult Foster Care Home.
- Decent, safe, and sanitary living conditions.
- Nutritious meals for residents.
- Access to meaningful activities.
- Treatment with dignity and respect.
- Pre-placement assessments followed by movement to a facility of your choice.
Choosing a Home
There are many types of adult care homes. Before making a decision, you should visit the home, talk with the residents, consider the neighborhood or location and question the provider. It is important for you to clearly understand the services and cost of the care.
Community Mental Health Services, Michigan Department of Community Health
Michigan Rehabilitation Services, Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Long-Term Care Assistance, HealthCare.gov
Services for the Elderly, MI Seniors