|1944 Facilities leased to the State of Michigan, by W.K. Kellogg Foundation, for rehabilitation of returning World War II veterans and other citizens of Michigan.
1947 Property and facilities deeded to State of Michigan to "promote the health, education and welfare of mankind..."
1952 Named Michigan Veteran's Vocational School and established as a state institution under the State Board of Education.
1959 Name changed
to Michigan Rehabilitation Institute.
1964 350-bed dormitory constructed.
1968 Name changed to State Technical Institute and Rehabilitation
1971 First female student enrolled in STIRC.
1974 Addition of
health and recreation complex.
1995 Name changed to the Michigan Career and Technical
1999 Construction of Pine Lake Family Center providing housing and daycare for students with families attending MCTI.