close print view
Newsletters and GuidebooksContact: Les Thomas
Files larger than 1 megabyte (MB) noted.
Flood News for Michigan Floodplain Managers
Floodplain Management in Michigan
Floodplain Management Guidebook for Local Officials and others
Stormwater Management Guidebook
Revised August 1999
Errata: We are aware of the following errors in the printed guidebook. The files available below have been updated.
On page 111 (Chapter 8) the Internet link deq - state.mi.us/lwm/water_mgmt/thr/download.html should be www.michigan.gov/deq/0,1607,7-135-3313_3684_15299-11304--,00.html.
On pages 111 and 112 (Chapter 8) h in equations 37 and 38 is the head of the energy gradient above the crest.
On page 111 (Chapter 8) Equation 37 should be C = 3.27 + 0.4h/P.
On page 133 (Chapter 9) the Internet link deq-state.mi.us/lwm/water-mgmt/hsu/hsu.html should be www.hec.usace.army.mil/software/.
- Entire Guidebook (8.6 MB)
- Chapter 1, Background
- Chapter 2, Laws & Ordinances
- Chapter 3, Stormwater Management Measures (1.2 MB)
- Chapter 4, Retention Basins
- Chapter 5, Other Infiltration Devices
- Chapter 6, Water-Quality Considerations
- Chapter 7, Hydrology (2.0 MB)
- Chapter 8, Hydraulics of Outlet Structures (2.0 MB)
- Chapter 9, Storage-Volume Requirements
- Chapter 10, Operations & Maintenance
- Appendix A, DEQ Offices
- Appendix B, Rainfall Frequency for Michigan
- Appendix C, Hydrologic Soil Groups for Michigan Soils
- Appendix D, Method for Estimating "n" Values
- Appendix E, Critical Depth Charts
- Appendix F, Hydraulic Properties of Culvert Sections