- 9th Biennial State of Lake Michigan/15th Annual Great Lakes Beach Association Joint Conference
Register today for the 2015 Joint Conference taking place October 28-30 at the Grand Traverse Resort. Attendees will hear from top experts in their fields about the current status and science behind Lake Michigan and beach restoration and management.
- DEQ celebrates 50th anniversary of Michigan Air Pollution Act Fifty years ago, the Michigan Legislature passed the Air Pollution Act to address widespread air pollution from unregulated industrial stacks and open burning. In recognition of the progress made since then, Gov. Rick Snyder proclaimed July 23, 2015, as the 50th Anniversary of Michigan's First Air Pollution Act. During this anniversary year, the Air Quality Division celebrates with all who have helped improve our air to make Michigan a healthier place to live, work and play.
- Recently Released Michigan Draft Water Strategy The Office of the Great Lakes recently released a draft Water Strategy built around a 30-year vision for ensuring Michigan's water resources support healthy ecosystems, residents, communities and economies. Click on image to check out the Draft Water Strategy and learn how it was developed.
- Check out the latest from DEQ DEQ recently launched Pleasant Peninsulas, a storytelling publication written by staff about the work they do around the department to protect Michigan's air, land and water and facilitate economic development.
- The DEQ is exploring new ways to increase Michigan's recycling rate.
- Get the Facts on Fracking Hydraulic fracturing has been in the news, but this process for extracting gas and oil is far from new. Click on image for a Q&A with some facts about what it is, how it works, and insight on popular fracking myths.
- Michigan to develop its own State Carbon Implementation Plan to ensure it retains control of its energy future
- DEQ launches streamlined permitting system
- DEQ accepting comments on southwest Detroit air quality plan
- DEQ awards grants to protect Michigan's Great Lakes coasts
- Grant funds available for watershed planning projects
- DEQ recognizes Michigan Neighborhood Environmental Partners
- Saginaw Downtown Development Authority awarded cleanup grant for new farmers market
- DEQ offering $4.2 million in grants for water quality improvement