Protect Your Identity
Find out more...
If you believe you are a victim of identity theft, please contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) immediately to fill a complaint.
The FTC recommends the following steps:
- Place a fraud alert on your credit. Contact one of the three reporting companies listed below. By doing this it can help prevent an identity thief from opening more accounts with your information.
- Equifax: 1-800-525-6285; www.equifax.com; P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
- Experian: 1-888-EXPERIAN (397-3742); www.experian.com; P.O. Box 9532, Allen, TX 75013
- TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289; www.transunion.com; Fraud Victim Assistance Division, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790
- Close accounts that you believe that been tampered or fraudulently opened.
- File a complaint with the FTC here.
- File a police report with local police or where the identity theft occurred.
For more detailed instructions, go to the FTC's website on Defending Against Identify Theft.
You can also report the incident to your state attorney general. Find their contact information here.