close print view
How to Review and Update the Educational Entity Master
Entity authorized users for the EEM are appointed by their administrators. These individuals are responsible for keeping their entity records up-to-date whenever information changes. As the official directory of educational entities in Michigan, the EEM links all educational data collections in the state of Michigan. Updates include changes in the name of a school, contact information (e.g., administrator, address, area code, e-mail), grade range adjustments, as well as requests for new code numbers and permanent closings of schools or other educational entities.
With accurate and up-to-date EEM records, the management of data and data submission operates more smoothly. In addition, the Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI) and the Michigan Department of Education use e-mail addresses from the EEM to communicate with education administrators statewide.
To identify the current authorized users for the EEM for your district or educational entity, please send an e-mail message to CEPI Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 517-335-0505 and select option 3. Please provide your name, telephone number (including area code and extension), district code, and district name (if applicable) along with your message.
How to obtain entity authorized user access to the EEM
Anyone wishing to obtain update access to the EEM will first need to obtain a Single Sign-On (SSO) account. If you do not already possess an SSO account, you can create one by going to https://sso.state.mi.us/. Click on the "Register" button and follow the on-screen instructions.
A user support document for the registration process is also available at:
Once you have an account, you will need to log into the SSO application and subscribe to the EEM. The EEM security form includes instructions on subscribing to EEM.
The district superintendent or chief administrator must authorize individuals to access or edit records in the EEM.
How to access your Educational Entity Master records
- To access the EEM Security Agreement, go to www.michigan.gov/cepi. Click on "CEPI Applications" on the left sidebar.
- At the next screen, click on "Educational Entity Master" on the left sidebar.
- Under Update the EEM, click on "EEM Security Agreement."
- Print the document, read the instructions and complete the agreement. The agreement must be signed by the person accessing the EEM and by the district superintendent.
- Fax the completed and signed security agreement, as directed on the bottom of the form, to 517-335-0488. Allow two to three business days for processing. You will be notified by e-mail when you have EEM authorized user access. Your signed security agreement authorizes you to access and update the EEM, request to add an entity code number, or request closure of an EEM code number.
Note: For assistance, please access the "User Guide" near the top of the EEM screen. Also, please click on "Help" to find screen-related assistance. The "Glossary" link will also provide information.
- Go to https://sso.state.mi.us/.
- Type in your SSO login ID and password.
- Click on the "Educational Entity Master (EEM)" link from your application portal.
- To review records for which you have some modification permission, please click on "My Entities" on the left side bar and then on "List of Entities."
If you have other questions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 517-335-0505 and choose option 3. Please provide your name, district code, district name (if applicable), CEPI application name, your telephone number (including area code and extension), your e-mail address, and your specific questions.