close print view
Here is what you can do in Business Survey...
- In the Business Survey, you will answer some basic questions that will help One Stop determine your state requirements
- You will be asked to describe your business: what your business does and what legal structure your business has chosen
Step 1: Choose the legal structure of your business
*If registering with the State of Michigan, you will be asked if the business needs to be registered under multiple names.
*If the business type will be registered with the State of Michigan, the survey will ask if you want the document filing expedited. There is a charge for Expedited Service depending on how quickly you need your application processed
Step 2: Identify business type using the NAICS code search
- Once you add a classification code, the following questions will ask details of the business activity, including several environmentally related questions.
- When the survey is finished, your NAICS classification code(s) will be displayed. You can add another NAICS code or click "Next" to see a list of suggested state registrations, permits, and filings for your type of business.
- Choose the NAICS code by searching keyword or code. If you do not see a code that appropriately describes your business type, you can search another keyword or code for new results.
Step 4: Answer additional survey questions
- Because some types of business may, or may not, need certain permits, licenses, or registrations, One Stop will ask you some additional questions to determine if your business needs any of these to operate.
Step 5: Add additional NAICS codes, if necessary
- After you have completed steps 1-4, you may add additional NAICS codes, if necessary. Otherwise, click next to continue.