Skip Navigation
State Budget, official Web site for the State of Michigan Home
close print view

I misplaced or didn't receive my W-2. How can I get a copy?

For Home Healthcare Providers duplicate W-2 requests, please call the Department of Community Health at (800) 292-2550.

For State of Michigan Employees:

You may request duplicate W-2's for the most recent calendar year beginning February 15.

1.  Call Department of Technology, Management and Budget (DTMB), Office of Financial Management (OFM) at 517/373-6222 and leave a voice message providing the following information:

  • Name
  • Employee Identification Number
  • Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number
  • A daytime telephone number where you can be reached
  • Year(s) duplicate W-2 is needed (for up to the most recent 5 years)
  • Current Mailing Address
  • State Government Agency (Corrections, DTMB, etc.)

NOTE: If your need for a duplicate W-2 arises as a result of a change of address you will need to make sure that your new mailing address is correct in HRMN before requesting a duplicate W-2 (OFM will only mail your duplicate W-2 to the address in HRMN).  You may review and update your address in HRMN via your online employee self-service account or by contacting MI HR Service Center at (877) 766-6447.

2.  Make your request in writing.

Include the information listed above and mail it to:

State of Michigan
Department of Technology, Management & Budget
Office of Financial Management
P.O. Box 30026
Lansing, MI 48909

3.  Make your request via e-mail:

Submit your request to OFM at

Include the information requested above and enter "Duplicate W-2" as the subject line.

Once your request has been received, you may expect to receive your duplicate W-2 within 2 weeks.

Related Content
 •  When are W-2's going to be issued?
 •  Why did I receive a W-2 with nothing but city information on it (Boxes 18, 19 & 20)?
 •  I have moved but forgot to change my address in HRMN. Will the U.S. Postal Service forward my W-2 to my new address?
 •  Why doesn't the box 1 amount on the W-2 agree with the gross wage amount on my final earnings statement?
 •  Why don't the year-to-date totals on my final earnings statement match the amounts reported on my W-2?
 •  Why aren't the amounts in boxes 3 and 5 the same as box 1?
 •  If social security and Medicare taxable wages are calculated the same, why are the amounts in boxes 3 and 5 on my W-2 different?
 •  How are W-2 taxable wages calculated for social security (box 3) and Medicare (box 5)?
 •  How are W-2 taxable wages calculated for Federal (box 1), State (box 16), and Local (box 18)?
 •  Where are the year-to-date totals for charitable contributions and union dues?
 •  What does the amount reported in box 12 under code DD represent and why is it reported there?
QR code Home
Michigan Survey

Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan