Reduce your impact on the environment by becoming a green camper!
• Water Conservation An effort to reduce water use by installing water-saving technologies in Recreation Division facilities.
• Clean Marina Program The Parks and Recreation Division staffed harbors will be joining the Clean Marina Program.
• Product Metering Devices Simple metering devices help ensure the proper amount of product is used for the job.
• Green Buildings Small changes to new construction can reap big rewards.
• Biological Control of Non-Native Species Ever go green by eating green? That's the concept behind using a small beetle to combat an invasive weed species in Lake Ovid.
• Growing Not Mowing Reductions in mowing improve air and water quality and reduce energy consumption.
• Bio-Products Equipment used by the DNR Park and Recreation Division utilizes a variety of bio-based alternatives to reduce dependence on petroleum products.
• Recycling at Park and Recreation Offices DNR staff in the field and in the Lansing office are stepping up recycling efforts.
• Cleaning Green Certified "green" cleaners provide clean facilities and protect the surrounding natural areas.