What Do I Need To Begin?
The following is needed before using Michigan Business One Stop
1. The business name as it appears, or will appear, on the registration forms
2. The EIN/FEIN of the business
3. Adobe Reader 9.0 or newer (Free)
- How do I get Adobe Reader?
- From the computer that you will be using to access Michigan Business One Stop, Click Here
- At the Adobe Reader 9 website, click on the Get Adobe Reader button.
- The Free Google Toolbar is not needed and can be unchecked
- Then click on the Download button and follow the Adobe instructions
4. Enable pop-ups and java script in your web browser
How do I complete a 518?
MBOS Enrollment Instructions with 518
One Stop Tax Registration
The most efficient way to register for taxes is by registering through the One Stop at www.michigan.gov/business
*Online tax registration requires an EIN. If you do not have an EIN, you can apply for one online by visiting https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/modiein/individual/index.jsp If you do not want an EIN, you can complete and return form 518 by mail or fax. The form can be downloaded by clicking http://www.michigan.gov/documents/518_3620_7.pdf
*Be sure your pop-up blockers are off, java is enabled, and you have the latest FREE version of Adobe Reader (available at www.adobe.com) before proceeding.
Below are instructions to find the online tax registration form.
1. Go to www.michigan.gov/business
2. Click "Start & Register" to create an account. This will take you to the One Stop Registration page.
3. Follow steps to register.
The system will send an email with a temporary password momentarily. (This may take up to 24 hours depending on your Internet browser and email provider . Check your spam/junk mail if you do not receive the password within this timeframe).
4. Once you receive the email with the temporary password, return to the Michigan Business One Stop login page and complete the registration process.
5. Once security questions are successfully submitted, you will be taken to a "Congratulations" screen. Click "Continue".
6. Review the "Terms and Conditions" screen and click "Accept" to agree.
7. Select "Go" on Individual and Service Providers
8. Click "Go" under Register for Taxes to reach the online tax registration form
How do I get an EIN/FEIN number?
The following information is provided by the IRS and phone numbers are for the IRS.
This number is issued by the IRS and is required if you will have employees. It is also mandatory for your UIA registration. If you do not have an FEIN, contact the IRS at 1-800-829-3676 to request Form SS-4. You can also obtain Form SS-4 at the IRS Web site.
When you have completed the form, you may call 1-800 829-4933 and provide the information from the form to the agent. The agent may assign your FEIN while you are on the telephone. To complete your FEIN registration, mail the form to the address shown on the form or fax it to 1-829-292-5760
How can I Fill in a form online?
Accessing Forms through One Stop
The One Stop allows access to forms and applications available online for doing business in the State of Michigan
The types of forms available are dependent on the license, registration or permit in which the business is registering
Forms May Be:
- PDF Printable Forms - forms in PDF format that can be printed and mail or faxed
- Smart Forms - forms in PDF format that can be submitted online - (more)
- One Stop Online Forms - forms that can be submitted online and can offer additional features, such as allowing attachments - (more)
- Or may be an online form as provided by the agency accessed through the One Stop, such as "E-Registration for Michigan Taxes"
If a form is submitted online through the One Stop...
- Payment can be made through the One Stop Shopping Cart - (more)
- Submitted forms and payment receipts are filed in the e-Cabinet - (more)
- Payment for applications processed through an agency system linked from One Stop may vary
How do I give someone else access to My Business Profile?
Delegate One Stop filing categories this person will have the authority to update
- By choosing "Select specific categories", the user will only have access to tasks relevant to that area of the business
- Click "Tell me more" for a list of tasks included in a category
- It is necessary to provide the correct email the delegated individual will be using in One Stop
- After saving delegation setting, a PIN will be sent to the email entered for the individual
- The delegated individual will need to login into One Stop and enter PIN through "Add a Business that has been delegated to me" to access the business