Student Activities and Resources
• Student Internship Program at the Michigan Historical Museum
• National History Day in Michigan (Michigan History Day) The Michigan Historical Center encourages students in grades 4 through 12 to enter the annual competition. Here's what it's all about!
• Future Historians Children have fun as they discover Michigan history and the behind-the-scenes world of museums. Michigan Iron Industry Museum, Negaunee.
• At the Michigan Historical Center Discover your opportunities for fun and learning at the Michigan Historical Center.
Study Our State
• Homeschoolers at the Michigan Historical Museum Special opportunities for homeschoolers to explore Michigan history at the museum.
• Michigan Adventure - Discover Our State Symbols The Yak shared his great pages about Michigan's state symbols with the Michigan Historical Center! Learn about our state symbols in these pages from the Detroit Free Press.
• Books about Archaeology, History and Museums Find one of these at your library or book store.
• Michigan's State Symbols Brochure A colorful 2-page brochure [PDF] with all the symbols from Michigan History magazine.