- What's Happening in Your County
- Project Great StartChildren learn more from birth to age three than any other time in life. During this time, what we do matters and will determine the way they learn, think and behave forever. To ensure all children in Michigan have the opportunity for a Great Start and a Great Life.
- Health Care Programs for ChildrenThe goal of the Department of Human Services is to ensure that essential health care coverage is made available to those who otherwise could NOT afford these services. Health care coverage may also be referred to as Medical Assistance (MA) or Medicaid.
Many programs are available for children.
Healthy Kids, MIChild,Under 21 Medicaid and Children's Special Health Care Services (CSHCS) are programs within the Department of Community Health and the Department of Human Services.
- Project FreshProject FRESH is an initiative to use farmers' markets in Michigan to make fresh produce available to low-income, nutritionally-at-risk consumers.
- Talk Early--Talk OftenGovernor Granholm discussed the importance of children beginning life without any disadvantages in the report Securing Michiganís Future. A key way to impact the beginning of a childís life is to help e ...