close print view
Breastfeeding is Best for Baby
Why Men Should Support Breastfeeding?
Studies show that when mom has the support she's more likely to breastfeed so that
both she and your baby get the maximum health and developmental benefits.
- Research shows that breastfed babies have fewer colds and ear infections.
- The nutrients in breastmilk help build the baby's brain and immune system.
- Unlike formula, breastmilk is always the right temperature and ready to serve.
- Breastfeeding builds a close bond between mother, father and baby .
- Breastfeeding develops baby's hand-eye coordination. Great for those future athletes!
WIC provides answers to breastfeeding questions, has feeding specialists who can help moms and babies with breastfeeding problems and helps moms who continue breastfeeding when they go back to work or school. WIC is currently running a statewide breastfeeding awareness media campaign to promote the benefits of breastfeeding.
The breastfeeding awareness campaign educates women on the importance and benefits of breastfeeding, not only to their babies, but to themselves as well. The media is aimed at women with an additional emphasis on African American, Hispanic and Arabic Americans through a variety of media including television, cable, and radio, electronic ads, etc.
The facts are clear, breastmilk:
Copyright © 2001-2013 State of Michigan