Underground Gas Storage
|Subscribe to Metallic Minerals Leasing information from the Michigan DNR
• Underground Gas Storage LeasingPart 5, Section 502, Act 451, Public Acts of 1994, as amended, authorizes the Michigan Department of Natural Resources to enter into contracts for the Underground Gas Storage Leasing Program.
• Terms of the State's lease for underground gas storage (UGS)include a seven-year primary term and a rental rate commencing at $7.50 per acre per year for the first five years. This amount will be adjusted on each fifth-year anniversary date of the lease. There are 38,946 acres under 91 State UGS Leases. (March 2011) Sixteen leases totaling 18,446 acres do not have an annual rental, as all monies were paid in advance for the longer-term leases.
• Information, Procedures and Requirements
- Underground Natural Gas Storage Leases - StateOwned (Procedure 26.50-02)
- Rules for Underground Gas Storage Leases on State Land
- Underground Gas and Storage Lease Sample (PR 4350)
• Underground Gas Storage Forms
If you have problems downloading one of these forms, please contact Jennifer Huhn at email@example.com or 517-284-5871.
- Gas Storage Rental Remittance Form (PR 4229-2)
- Assignment of Lease(s) (PR 4058) .docx
- Partial Release of Lease (PR 4058-1)
- Full Release of Lease(s) (PR 4058-2)