close print view
Guidance on Electronic Filing of Financial Statement AuditsContact:
Gloria Suggitt (517) 373-4591Agency:
The Michigan Departments of Education and Treasury are pleased to announce a unified process for submission of school district financial audits. Beginning with audits submitted for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2010, districts need submit only one audit, which will meet the needs of both departments and satisfy the audit filing requirement of Public Act 34 of 2001.
To submit electronically, the following criteria must be followed:
- All audit submissions must be e-mailed to MDE-FinAudit@michigan.gov. The subject line must read audited financial statements and include the school district code. This will generate an automatic response.
- The audits must be in .pdf format to open exactly as they would look if they were printed. All documents should be from an electronic source. Please do not scan documents.
- As always, no drafts will be accepted. All documents must be final, signed versions. In the case of the Data Collection Form, the electronically certified signature is acceptable.
- All documents must be in one file (the same format as the Department of Treasury). The file should be in the following order: Financial Statements, Single Audit (if required), Management Letter, Corrective Action Plan (unless included in the Single Audit), Any other letters (i.e., Governance).
- The file should be named with the five digit district code and then a two letter abbreviation code (i.e., 01010FS):
- The Data Collection Form (Archived version only - NO Drafts) should be submitted as a separate document and be named with the district code (i.e., 01010DC).
- The documents should be sent without password or security protection. This allows for them to be date-stamped and saved to the system. Once date-stamped and saved, security protection will be added by MDE's system.
The MDE, Office of Audits reserves the right to request a hard copy of the audit package if for any reason the electronic submission process is not successful.
If you have questions, please contact Gloria Suggitt, Single Audit Coordinator, at 517.373.4591 or email@example.com or Harlan Goodrich, Manager, Department of Treasury, at 517.373.0660 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To view audits submitted electronically in 2004 to present go to: http://web1mdcs.state.mi.us/nxt/gateway.dll?f=templates&fn=default.htm&vid=mofa:fa