|Subscribe to, Inside Michigan's Great Outdoors! from Michigan DNR |
|Click here to take DNR Web site survey |
|Michigan's Recreation Passport is one way you can show your support for outdoor recreation and help preserve green spaces for future generations. Did you buy your annual Recreation Passport? Follow this link to see a sample showing the "P" on the tab and the "Recreation Passport" on the vehicle registration.
It is good until your next renewal date.
• Learn about the restructuring of hunting/fishing licenses The 2013-14 Executive Budget for the DNR includes a proposal to raise the cost of hunting and fishing license fees as part of a plan to improve the state's fish and game habitat and hire additional conservation officers. License fees have not increased since 1997. Learn how this additional investment will aid the DNR in delivering better outdoor recreation experiences to Michigan residents and visitors.
• Map of Parks, Forests and Trails You are never more than half an hour from a Michigan State Park, State Forest Campground, State Recreation Area or State trail system. Use this map to find a facility suitable to your camping and recreation needs!
• Search for your ideal State Park or Forest Campground Search by county or by the activity you're looking for. Discover a campsite perfect for a tent or an RV, find the perfect fishing hole, or discover a new pathway or trail for hiking, biking, snowmobiling and more.
• Campsite Amenities and Fees A full list of the various campsite amenities and fees in Michigan State Parks, Recreation Areas and State Forest Campgrounds.
• Passport Perks Program Do you already have your Recreation Passport? Do you like to save money? Visit www.michigan.gov/passportperks to learn more about the Passport Perks program, one of the state's largest discount programs. The list of participating businesses continues to grow, so check back often!
Seasonal Recreation Opportunities
|This is the year to get Fresh Air Fit!
The DNR is teaming up with fitness instructors statewide to put the "out" back into workout! Pilates on the beach, yoga in the woods, and sunrise Tai Chi are just a few of the group fitness programs available through the Fresh Air Fit campaign. New programs are added monthly, so check here often for a complete list of fitness classes in state parks.|
• Camping 101 For anyone who hasn't camped in a state park before and wants to give it a try, we are partnering with The North Face to offer Camping 101 - a two-night camping trip with all the gear, guides and good times included!
• Recreation 101 Recreation 101 is a year-round GO-Get Outdoors program that recruits top instructors and sports equipment vendors to provide free or inexpensive hands-on lessons. The goal is to provide the novice sportsman with enough skill and knowledge to begin a new activity.
• Campground Host Applications Being Accepted It's never too late (or too early) to apply for a volunteer Campground Host at any Michigan State Park, Recreation Area or State Forest Campground for the current and the next camping seasons.
• For a Complete List of Events and Activities, Visit the GO Get Outdoors Page